The Mayor and City Council established (8) eight key priorities for the City of Cleveland. These priorities and their status are listed below:
1) Financial Restructuring & Debt Reduction Plan (Plan to Reduce Current Debt Service to approximately $50 million by 2035, while still investing in
STATUS: In 2019 and 2020, the City Council reduced the City debt by approximately $10 million with a financial restructuring. We also increased
our fixed debt from approximately 45% to over 95%. City staff is working toward raising our bond rating profile.
2) Inman Street Redevelopment (Gaut St to Keith St)- RAISE Grant application.
STATUS: The City has been awarded the RAISE Grant by the US DOT. The Grant kick-off for this grant project will be the summer of 2022.
3) Implement Recreation & Sports Tourism Plan- Parks Revitalization & Sports Tourism (Tinsley Park Rehabilitation, Soccer Complex Upgrades, Mosby Park Playground, Avery Johnson Park, & North Cleveland Pocket Park).
STATUS: Staff continues to design and implement potential projects for presentation to the City Council.
4) Begin Construction of 5ive Points Square Entertainment Area Plan.
STATUS: Staff working on property acquisition.
5) Property Acquisition & Begin Implementation of Whirlpool Area Redevelopment Plan.
STATUS: Staff working on property acquisition
6) Implementation of Current Traffic Congestion Mitigation Project List.
STATUS: Staff continues to implement current traffic mitigation projects.
7) Implementation of Compensation Plan & Review Classification Plan.
STATUS: Completed and still monitoring labor markets.
8) Implementation of Beautification & Aesthetics Plan.
STATUS: Staff changes have been implemented. Funds for beautification designs have been allocated within the FY 2023 budget.