How do I notify the city about a possible code violation?
You may file a complaint about a possible code violation by phone to (423) 476-1121, by email, or in person / writing to:
100 Church Street NE
Cleveland, TN 37311.

Please be prepared with specific information, such as:
  • Identify the specific complaint or problem.
    Give your name, address, and telephone number.
  • Give the location of the problem, street name, and house number. If address is unknown, give location of property, (i.e. northwest corner of 25th St and Keith St).
  • Give specific description of complaint (i.e. description of vehicle, license plate number, type of trash or debris.

Show All Answers

1. I live in a subdivision with a homeowner association, will the Code Enforcement Division enforce the association’s bylaws, subdivision restrictions, or deed restrictions?
2. How does code enforcement work?
3. Are there issues that code enforcement cannot address?
4. Can I make an anonymous complaint?
5. I phoned in a complaint weeks ago. Why has nothing been done to the property?
6. How do I notify the city about a possible code violation?
7. What are some of the things that would be considered a violation?
8. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?